Using bun with astro
Experimenting with the new bun runtime with the astro framework.
Note: I ultimately didn’t deploy Astro with bun because of bun’s current limitatinos. You can watch the stream to see me work through the issues, or read the highlights below.
- Bun is fast! Install times are significantly faster
- Sharp isn’t supported by bun yet, so I had back to Squoosh to get images working
- Netlify can’t build, there seems to be something wrong with how dependencies are installed
- Vercel can build, but the View Transitions API doesn’t work on the deployed site
- Astro Docs: Using Astro with Bun
- Example of React app that you can deploy to netlify using bun (bun.js, oven.sh)
- Sharp error issue on Astro’s Github
Sign-Up for New Posts
Stay in the loop and get the latest blog posts about development sent to your inbox.